Wednesday, April 04, 2007

is that a routine I see?

It just might be...

But before I go getting ahead of myself here, lemme tell y'all what's happening.

First of all, procrastinating usually leads to some disappointment and a change in plans. This theory certainly held true where the trimming of my ends is concerned. I finally, finally, finally decided that I would go handle that sometime today. But when I called the shop to find out Ola's availability, homegirl was like "she doesn't work here anymore". Before the panic could set in, I sent out an email & got the new information. She starts at a different shop, same mall, tomorrow. Whew! Hopefully I'll still be motivated tomorrow. I'm sure I will because I keep looking at these ringlets all over my head & thinking, if I had a trim, they'd be even more coily.....if that's even possible!

Second of all, I have come to the realization that I have to stop bullshitting and get a digital camera. I tried to have some pictures taken of the back of my head and this is the best that stupid Kodak disposable camera could do...









I guess fuzzy, blurry back of head photos are better than no back of head photos. [grrrr!]

Anyhooo...I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting the hang of this!

As of this very instant, this is my (dare I say it?).....(is it a jinx if I use the actual term?)......(what if I change my mind tomorrow?).......[holding breath]....[closing eyes].......[peeking].......ROUTINE.

[exhaling]

- at night: I put in an unmeasured mixture of Amla Oil, Carol's Daughter Hair Milk and Organic Root Stimulator Shea Butter Softening Hair & Scalp Lotion. I know all the chemicals in the ORS stuff are bad news bears, but I'mma tell you, that stuff makes my hair moist than a mug! The Amla is supposed to be good for strengthening the hair & possibly promoting growth. I got the unscented kind from From Nature With Love.








- in the shower: All the traditional co-wash steps here. Rinse without touching the hair, finger through the hair to detangle a little, apply Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner to scalp, wait, apply conditioner to hair, wait, finger through hair to detangle more vigorously, rinse. Apply MotownGirl's Leave In Conditioner. Hurry up and bathe - you're late!


- after that: To tell you the truth, there is no after that. With the new Leave In, it's not even dripping down my neck so much anymore. There is nothing to do but get on with the business of being cute.


Today I rocked my TWA sans bra-strap-headband. I did this partly because during the oiling up process last night, I realized that it might be kinda cute. Or at least different. And also partly because I was thinking I'd get my trim today and it would be a lot easier for her to go at it if my hair was just out, doing it's thang.

I don't love the way it looks, but I don't hate it either. It's just not as feminine as the standard bra-strap look. But who cares. I know I'm a girl.






No comments: