Thursday, March 15, 2007

searching for a routine

The drama continues...

After the last post, I got home from work that night and my hair felt borderline Brillo-Pad-ish! I put on some Carol's Daughter Hair Milk that night & wrapped it up. The next morning, I rinsed, sprayed the water/Rosemary Oil, and sprayed the Leave In Conditioner. And all was well with the world.
Also, I have been putting the Organic Root Stimulator Loc & Twist Gel on the front so I can push the bra strap back a little farther without my "baby hair" (LOL!!) popping out all around the sides. All of that is working well.

This morning I decided that I have to stay away from shampoo of any kind. I'm totally sworn off shampoo (for at least the next week or so). If I feel like I have a bunch of gunky product in my hair, I'll try Aldrea's Apple Cider Vinegar Clarifying Rinse.

1 part Apple Cider Vinegar
4 parts water

So I started a no-poo thing (for more information see Motown Girl's comprehensive article) semi-officially this morning. I decided to go with the Mizani MoistureFuze. Did a 3 or 4 minute rinse & scalp massage with just water. Then I gently massaged the conditioner into my scalp, then my hair. I let it sit there for about 5 minutes (or however long it takes to shave my legs), then rinsed gently. And just because I can't leave well enough alone, I put in some Carol's Daughter Hair Milk. (I get so paranoid that my hair is gonna be dry!) And then on with my usual routine of water/Rosemary Oil & Leave In Conditioner.

So far, so good. It's 2 in the afternoon & I'm not too greasy...not too stiff. My curls are kinda curly...I'm not seeing anything overly frizzy up there. My biggest problem today was that I put the "puff" too far back & didn't like the way it looked.



Do I look thoroughly disgusted, or what!!



I had to show off the flowers that were sent to me...even if the hair itself is hard to see, get a load of those roses! [sigh]



No biggie - I just pulled the bra strap down a bit & now I'm back to normal.

So we'll see what happens. I guess now I have to figure out how often I need to conditioner wash. Every day? Every other day? Once a week? And am I ever going to stop being lazy and do some kind of deep conditioning treatment again?

[That last part kind of reads like an old school radio program or a soap opera or something. Like there should be some dramatic music underscoring a dude with a deep voice, trying to create a suspenseful ending.]


[I am so dramatic.]

1 comment:

simplifry said...

Good luck in the routine search!