Wednesday, April 25, 2007

bored, but less lazy

I want some twists!!! Dammit...

And not flat twists, and not with any hair added...just some plain 'ole twists with my hair. Dammit....

I have been told that wearing the bra strap headband makes me look like I'm "baldheaded" and that I should set my afro free, so...











I'm still using Motown Girl's Leave In Conditioner, but I wish I could figure out a way for it to not leave white conditioner on my hair. I have a stock supply of folded-up paper towels in my car so I can try to relieve myself from looking......I don't know...white (or something). I'm sure that I'm using too much. After all, excess is my middle name. But I'm saying..it never feels like there's enough of it in when I just use a little like she says on her site. [groan] I guess I'll try to follow the damn directions tomorrow.

Dammit.

Last week I went to the "Rap Sessions" thing that is touring the country. I saw the screening of "Hip Hop: Beyond Beats & Rhymes" and did the Town Hall Meeting called "Does Hip Hop Hate Women?" and I was super duper inspired by all the sisters there with different natural styles. In particular, one young lady had twists. They were about 3 inches long and kinda curled, like maybe she put them on sponge rollers. And I haven't been able to stop thinking about that hairstyle ever since. I need to start brainstorming and making calls.

'cause I'm bored.

No comments: