Saturday, May 19, 2007

new toy, new hair

I may or may not have mentioned that I am seriously enjoying my new camera.

I got myself a memory card, so now I can take zillions of pictures without stopping to upload them. Plus, I can also take hours of video! I got some lithium batteries, and I am cooking with gas now.

Friday night my only plans included eating a salad and watching the Cav's play. So I decided to try to do some twists. I won't do a whole lot of typing on this post 'cause I think I have enough "footage" to speak for itself.

Getting Started





Almost Halfway Done





On Break



The Next Morning; (still at it...)





Finally Done








When I got toward the front, I started noticing the twists getting puffier. I think that part of that was me getting tired, and part of it was because my hair texture kind of changes up there. So I pulled out my (as yet unused) Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. I had problems with the Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey, because the smell was extremely irritating and it dripped down my face & caused a pretty gross breakout. (I have a buddy who had the same problem, only more so 'cause she kept using it. She has gross black marks all over her from that stuff.) The Healthy Hair Butter doesn't have nearly as strong a smell and I didn't use much - just enough to kind of weigh my hair down in the front. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

So far I have spritzed it with a little water/coconut oil blend, and put on a little of some old gel from the first 2 weeks after the Big Chop (that seems like sooooo long ago now). And I tied it down, hopefully in a way that will be suitable in the morning. I'll keep you posted. I might even feel comfortable rocking this style at work. (I certainly hope so since it took up several hours of my life!)

2 comments:

Tam said...

Oh my goodness your hair has grown so much. It is long enough to twist!

I usually twist mine while watching TV. It is very relaxing. At first it used to take me up to 3 hours to do it now I can twist my entire head in just under two hours.

I tried your idea of glycerin on my hair. Let's just say I did not know why my hair was not curling on the ends. I thought it was the old school pressing I was getting. Anyway I figured out that it was the glycerin that was keeping my hair from curling. Now I use it in small moderation.

BTW finding glycerin was very hard. Target keeps it in their pharmacy and calls it a special order.

Piscean Princess said...

Hey girl!!! I need to see what your hair is looking like these days. I know it's long.

Yeah, mine is super long now. It usually doesn't seem that way, but every now & then I'll pull on it just to check. Sure enough...it's growing.

I get the glycerin at Wild Oats or Mustard Seed. You are probably closer to Whole Foods; they for sure have it there.

I wonder why it was stopping your hair from curling. It's supposed to attract moisture. I've been using on these twists and they feel wonderful. They are not dry at all, actually they feel very soft to the touch.